In 2011, there was one person killed on New Jersey roadways for every 62.6 miles—627 people lost their lives, according to the New Jersey State Police (NJSP). If you, or someone you love, was seriously injured in a car accident, the skilled New Jersey car accident lawyers at Console & Hollawell can help you to recover the compensation you deserve.
The Shocking Reality of Dangerous New Jersey Roadways
After four consecutive years of decline in fatal accidents in New Jersey, fatalities rose in 2011, according to the NJSP. The state police data indicates that in 2011 there were 56 more fatal accidents than the previous year, resulting in the death of 71 more people than in 2010.
Some more shocking statistics regarding car accidents in New Jersey for the 2011 year include:
- 90 fatal motorcycle crashes resulting in 91 deaths
- 16.2 percent of all drivers involved in fatal accidents were legally intoxicated (BAC of .08 or higher), but 31.1 percent had consumed alcohol to some extent
- 143 pedestrians were killed in motor vehicle accidents
- 17 pedacyclists were killed in motor vehicle accidents
- 40 of the fatal accidents in the state involved a hit-and-run driver (where the driver fled the scene before emergency personnel arrived)
- 31 tractor-trailers were involved in fatal accidents, in which 28 people died
What Can I Be Compensated For?
Many car accident victims fail to pursue a personal injury claim because they are confused about the process and what they are entitled to under the law. When you are injured in a car accident as the result of someone else’s negligence you are entitled to seek both compensatory and punitive damages.
- Compensatory Damages – This would include the actual, quantifiable loss you have suffered, including past and future medical costs, property damage, and lost wages from time out of work.
- Punitive Damages – This type of damages is harder to put a price on. It would include your past and future loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, and impacts on your quality of life. In other words, this kind of compensation would be to make up for the anguish you have undergone as the result of an accident that cannot be rectified as with a damaged vehicle.
Following an accident you have the right to pursue money damages for what you have been forced to go through both physically and mentally. Do not ignore your rights, call one of our experienced car accident lawyers in New Jersey today.
Get Help Now
The attorneys at Console & Hollawell understand what you are experiencing in light of your accident. You have a lot of things on your mind, and the last thing you want to deal with is a bunch of paperwork with the insurance companies, which is why our lawyers and staff will take care of all of that for you. Once you have hired Console & Hollawell all you need to do is focus on your recovery, we will handle all of the rest. Call us today at (800) 455-2746 for a free review of your claim.